I Legislature

The lower chamber consists of representatives deputies elected by direct election and plurality voting from each one of the constituencies of the Empire. The deputy exercises his legislative functions for a term of two years. The constituencies are determined by ordinary law and should not be numerically lower than the number of seats occupied in the House of Peers.
Emperor-King

I Legislature

Post by Emperor-King »

I Legislature of the House of Representatives
O1 August 2O17 - 3O June 2O18
Members of the I Legislature
  • Mr. Guilherme of Libertia;
    Mr. Christian of Letzembourg;
    Mr. Carlo of Lamburg-Massaca;
    Mr. Anton Wenzel (until 18 October 2017).
Legislation of the I Legislature
  • L-A1-02, about the establishment of Ministries and other offices (revoked by I.D. n. 129-2018).
    L-A1-03, about the establishment of the Official Journal of the Empire.
    L-A1-04, about the creation of state-owned companies.
    L-A1-05, ratification of the Treaty of Kürzung.
    L-A1-06, about request to the Ministry of Justice to reform the Electoral Code.
    L-A1-07, about the Regiment of the House of Representatives.(rejected by I.D. n. 141-2018)
    L-A1-08, about the possibility of a citizen having more than one micronationality or the punishment of loss of citizenship if he has a micronationality other than the Imperial citizenship.(rejected by I.D. n. 142-2018)
    L-A1-09, about the deliberation on possession, consumption and apology to narcotics and the creation of the Ministry of Health.(partially approved by I.D. n. 143-2018)
    L-A1-1O, about the criminalization of psychological terrorism. (approved and expanded by I.D. n. 144-2018)
    L-A1-11, about the criminalization of plagiarism and piracy.(rejected by I.D. n. 145-2018)
    L-A1-12, about the roles, duties, and prerogatives to regional rulers.(rejected by I.D. n. 146-2018)
    L-A1-13, about the confirmation of the diplomatic recognition granted to the Kingdom of Barin.(approved by I.D. n. 147-2018)
    L-A1-14, about the administration of the Grand Duchy of Gaussland.(approved and expanded by I.D. n. 148-2018)
    L-A1-15, about the administration of the Principality of Scotia.
    L-A1-16, the Electoral Code of the Empire(approved by I.D. n. 150-2018)
Major Events of the I Legislature
  • 01 August 2017: Oscar I promulgates the new Constitution and issued provisions about the §1º of the Article I of the Temporary Constitutional Provisions Act, appointing the members for I Legislature.
    05 August 2017: Oscar I appoint Thomas of Cumagne as the first Imperial Chancellor and Head of the Imperial Diet.
    06 August 2017: First meeting, established and make provisions about law and executive order issued by the Imperial Chancellor.
    18 October 2017: Dissolution of the I Legislature due act of high treason and dismiss of the Imperial Chancellor.
    03 February 2018: Emperor-King convokes the Imperial Diet, without Thomas de Cumagne and Anton Wenzel, but appointing Carlo, Prince of Nossia as member of the House of Representatives and Michael of Appinfeldt as the new Imperial Chancellor.
    18 March 2O18: Christian of Letzembourg was acclaimed President of the House of Representatives.
    O5 April 2O18: House of Representatives approves request to Ministry of Justice to reform the Electoral Code. Later that day, the House of Peers accepted the request and was declared approved by the Imperial Diet.
    16 April 2O18: Emperor-King makes urgent request to the House of Representatives to vote on laws before the end of the legislature.
    26 May 2O18: Wilhelm of Hochbach-Wigmaransz, Minister of Justice, submits to the vote the new Electoral Code. Two days later, Emperor-King publicly calls for a speedy vote.
    14 June 2O18: Emperor-King approve the Electoral Code, whose project was carried out without amendment and approved in full by the Imperial Diet.
    3O June 2O18: Emperor-King declares the first legislature closed and calls elections for the following month.
MichaeldeAppinfeldt

Session of the House of Representatives, 20 February 2018

Post by MichaeldeAppinfeldt »

Acting in my capacity as Imperial Chancellor, I herewith call this body to order.

Because the various Honorable Members are spread across multiple timezones, this session will remain open until such time as the agenda items below are voted upon.
His Majesty, Michael I, the King of Burgundaria
Grand Duke of Nordinsel, Prince of Scotia and Duke of Appinfeldt
Count of Breisgau, Duke of Solisia
OftE | RKSS | KofOMS | KoStG | IOL - 1st
Field Marshal of the Karno-Ruthenian Army
Aide-de-Camp of His Imperial and Royal Majesty
Commander of the Imperial & Royal Leibgarde
MichaeldeAppinfeldt

Re: Session of the House of Representatives, 20 February2018

Pursuant to Article II of the Executive Decree of 16 February, 2018, the following items are the first items of business for discussion:

a. under the terms exposed by the single paragraph of article 91 of the Imperial Constitution, which to elect a president for the House of Representatives;
b. propose the Internal Regiment of the House of Representatives;
c. propose laws, according to their obvious and very natural function;
d. confirming the status of the Governate of Hakodate and its Governor-General
MichaeldeAppinfeldt

To open the floor, the Chair wishes to address the confirmation of the Hakodate Concession, and jointly, the confirmation of its Governor-General.
CarloDiNossia

Re: I Legislature

Post by CarloDiNossia »

My fellow delegates, today, we find ourselves in the I session of the House of Representatives, of the 20 of February of the Year of Our Lord, 2018.
May I ask that if anyone who, perhaps, wishes to take the word, please do.

-M
H.E, H.H., The Hereditary Prince of Lamburg, Minister of Information.
MichaeldeAppinfeldt

Re: I Legislature

Apologies, my Fellow Delegates. Due to a technical issue on my part, I had failed to open the session properly, here.

As the first order of business, the Chair asks for nominations of the President of the House.
libertia.gov

Post by libertia.gov »

Being part of this Session, I hereby express my opinions on the matters in question.

a. About the election of the President of the House of Representatives:
Can, His Excellency, the Imperial Chancellor of Karnia-Ruthenia be elected president of this House as well? If so, I would gladly vote in favor of Michael of Appinfeldt for the office. If not, HRM Christian von Letzembourg is most fit for the role.

b. About the internal regiment of the House of Representatives:
- As for the voting system, I propose that, if a Session is called to action, it would have to be open for a minimum of one week, and extended if needed for another week at maximum.
- If a member of the House of Representatives fails to vote on a proposed matter, his vote is counted as "null" and if a decision isn't met, another Session will have to be called.
- If a member fails to vote 3 times in a row it is automatically suspended from this House, and is re-addition will have to be discussed between the other members.
- After two years of being part of this House, each one of the constituent member states of the Empire will have to elect another representative to be part of this House.
More ideas are welcome to complete this proposal.

c. About the proposal of Laws:
- I believe that it would be important if a citizen of the empire, tries to, or is admitted into another Micronation as a citizen or a government official, automatically loses his right as a citizen of Karnia-Ruthenia. This is to preserve our cultural value to all individuals that makes part of our country.
- All possession, consumption or any positive sensationalism of narcotics (excluding tobacco, alcohol or possibly (medical marijuana?)) should be punished by law.
- Terrorism is obviously illegal, but we should have a decision to punish anyone who performs Psychological Terror (abuse, contempt or continuous mental abuse).
- We should write a "BASIC LAW" (Based on the model: Basic Law of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China) for the empire, accessible to anyone.
- Direct Plagiarism or Piracy should be punished by law.

d. About the Governate of Hakodate:
- After a year, the Governate of Hakodate should be elevated to the category of Duchy or State and the Governor-General admitted in the House of Representatives in the next 6 months.
- If the Governor-General, fails to hold his office for the next 6 months, the Governate of Hakodate should be officially dissolved.
- If AFTER 6 months, the Governor-General fails to hold his office, another Governate-General should be appointed by His Imperial and Royal Majesty.

I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in this proposal letter.
Signed: His Grace Dom Guilherme da Lomellina e Berenguer, Duke et Prinz of Lomellina and the Libertian Lands, Count of Berenguer and Lord of Moniz, Baron of Vieira and Count of Imvrassia.
MichaeldeAppinfeldt

The Chair would like to thank His Grace most sincerely for his kind nomination, and is open to a vote on proposals (a) & (b).

Regarding measure (c), Appinfeldt's only concern is the potential of a "slippery slope" regarding the definition of what non-prescribed drugs fall under the definition of "narcotics".

Additionally, regarding measure (d), Appinfeldt is opposed to dissolving the Hakodate Concession in the unfortunate event of a vacancy in the Governor-Generalship. Instead, Appinfeldt proposes that, in such event, the Hakodate Concession be remanded to the direct administration of His Imperial and Royal Majesty, on a temporary basis, until such time as a suitable candidate for the administration of the Concession be selected, regardless of the timeframe involved.

Appinfeldt now yields the floor.
CarloDiNossia

Post by CarloDiNossia »

libertia.gov wrote: c. About the proposal of Laws:
- I believe that it would be important if a citizen of the empire, tries to, or is admitted into another Micronation as a citizen or a government official, automatically loses his right as a citizen of Karnia-Ruthenia. This is to preserve our cultural value to all individuals that makes part of our country.
- - -
Your Grace, if I must say, such a law would undermine the life of citizens like me. I'm both a citizen of the Principality of Nossia and of the Empire. If said law would be enacted, I would have to abdicate my throne and renunciate my nossian citizenship, as to keep my imperial citizenship, or, renunciate my imperial citizenship and keep my throne. None of both situations appeases me or permits the continuation of my duties on both the empire and the principality.
H.E, H.H., The Hereditary Prince of Lamburg, Minister of Information.
MichaeldeAppinfeldt

The Chair thanks His Highness for His expression of concern on this aspect of point (c), and concurs. Speaking for myself personally, I too, hold foreign titles and offices, none of which are either hostile towards, nor run counter too, those concerning my duties towards Our Empire. While this point is, I feel, a wholly relevant one in regards to a macro-state, at the micronational level, I fear that making such an absolute statement such as this would undermine the Empires efforts as regards recruitment of Citizens, at least at the present level.

Return to “House of Representatives”