II Legislature

The lower chamber consists of representatives deputies elected by direct election and plurality voting from each one of the constituencies of the Empire. The deputy exercises his legislative functions for a term of two years. The constituencies are determined by ordinary law and should not be numerically lower than the number of seats occupied in the House of Peers.
Emperor-King

II Legislature

Post by Emperor-King »

II Legislature of the House of Representatives
O1 August 2O19 - 3O June 2O2O
Members of the I Legislature
  • Carl Joseph von Werzberg of Cardonia, for the Asian-Antarctic District (until O3 December 2O19);
    Thomas de Aquiwedé-Brigância e Albuquerque-Maryen-Karácsony, for the Ruthenian-Horvatian District;
    Aggelos of Imvrassia, for the Argadian District;
    Ulli von und zu Eibenland-Sansbeurg, for the Axian-Daugave District.
Legislation of the II Legislature
  • L-A2-07, about the regulation of the comsumption of alcohol;
    L-A2-08, about emergency measures against coronavirus outbreak;
    L-A2-09, about the creation of the Imperial Circle.
Major Events of the II Legislature
  • 01 August 2019: Oscar I promulgates the Speech from the Throne to inaugurate the II Legislature.
    3O November 2O19: Oscar I goes to the Imperial Diet to request the deposition of the King of Cardonia, which would be voted on for the next two days and validated on O3 December 2O19.
    16 March 2O2O: II Legislature approves emergency measures due COVID-19 outbreak.
    28 March 2O2O: The Imperial Diet finished discussions about the creation of the Imperial Circle.
    2O April 2O2O: The legislature discussed postpone the elections. The proposal was dropped.
    O8 May 2O2O: Aggelos of Imvrassia was dismissed of his seat at the Diet and the Duchy of Argadia secceed.
    3O June 2O2O: End of the II Legislature.
ThomasAlbuquerque

Re: II Legislature

Post by ThomasAlbuquerque »

Majestade Imperial e Real.
Nobres Represenantes Nacionais.

É um prazer poder fazer parte desta estimada Dieta Imperial. Tenho certeza que desta II legislatura sairão os projetos que farão a diferença na política nacional e será padrão de excelência para os futuros Representantes.

Não se engane, companheiros. Esta legislatura tem uma responsabilidade ainda maior do que criar, discutir e aprovar leis e outros projetos, temos o dever cívico de criar o padrão da Política Nacional, tão adormecida nestes últimos dias. Precisamos ser o exemplo de que é possível fazer política de qualidade em nossa nação. Muitos dos aqui presente fizeram esforços enormes para que esta legislatura fosse possível, vamos fazer valer a pena.

Atenciosamente.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imperial and Royal Majesty.
Noble National Representatives.

It is a pleasure to be part of this esteemed Imperial Diet. I am sure that from this II legislature will come the projects that will make a difference in national politics and will be a standard of excellence for future Representatives.

Make no mistake, mates. This legislature has an even greater responsibility than to create, discuss and pass laws and other projects, we have a civic duty to set the standard of National Policy, so dormant in recent days. We need to be the example that quality policy can be made in our nation. Many of you here have made huge efforts to make this legislature possible, let's make it worth it.

Kind regards.
Thomas

His Royal Highness, Duke of Saena, Prince of Karácsony-Maryen.

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Admiral of Imperial and Royal Navy.
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Imperial and Royal Majesty,
Noble Peers of the 2nd Legislature,
Karno-Ruthenian people,

So it begins the 2nd Imperial Diet Legislature, after a long electoral process that involved a lot of effort and joint realization. The expectation that this legislature carries with it is common knowledge. It is time for us all to be aware of the constitutional commitment and responsibility entrusted to us by the Karno-Ruthenian suffrages.

To the Most August Emperor, I reaffirm the faith and profession of the Imperial Constitution.

To the noble colleagues of the legislature, let us not lack in mission, and may we promote the purposes for which we have been elected.

To the people of Karnia-Ruthenia, may you be our allies and always count on our Imperial Diet.

May acting be the hallmark of this legislature, acting with quality that meets Karno-Ruthenian desires for progress and prosperity.

For the Constitution and our People!
Caio de Taxus
Duke of Daugavia, Duke of Taxus, Kaiserjagermeister
ThomasAlbuquerque

Well, mates. We need to get on with the work of this House. We have to start debating the creation of the regiment and the election of the National Government, as well as the election of the board of directors of this House.

Are we going to start work going on?
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble Colleagues of the 2nd Legislature

The sense of duty calls and the time has come for this legislature to take its first steps towards what is expected of it.

Without further ado, I call my noble colleagues to decide on the most important agendas of this first moment, which are:

1- We must deliberate and elect a president of this House;
2- We must deliberate and elect a new Imperial Chancellor;
3- We must deliberate on the creation of the Internal Statute of this House;
4- We must deliberate on the guidelines of this House.

For all of this to happen, however, it is necessary to have the First Ordinary Session of the House of Representatives, in compliance with Article 90 of the Imperial Constitution of Karnia-Ruthenia. It is extremely important for everyone to be aware of this article and others about the competence of this House in the Imperial Diet, as well as our entire Imperial Constitution.

We need to deliberate on the presidency of this House. Beyond the natural prestige that the position holds, it must be a choice beyond vanity. May him be an active, available person and, above all, have the virtues of leadership to lead this House toward the fulfillment of its goals in this Imperial Diet.

We need to deliberate on the Imperial Chancellor. It is a position of importance and responsibility and we must point out criteria for this choice, although it shall be done in the future, because in this first moment, we must observe the current situation of rescue of Politics in the Empire, except, of course, attending the minimum necessary for this choice to be within the quality criteria expected of us, as well as meeting the necessary anti-formalism at this first moment, so that people who think they are qualified for such position can fully invest in a candidacy.

We need to deliberate on the Statute that will ultimately govern the activities of this House not only in this legislature but in others. It is an old and unreached longing for this code to come out of the paper and it is up to us - why should it not be? - to be responsible for this further legal achievement of the Empire. There are certainly a wide range of possibilities for this to happen, naturally, through much dialogue and action, allied with other Houses and public organs of the Empire.

Finally, we need to deliberate action guidelines. For this to occur without major obstacles and for normality and flow in the activities of this House, I suggest the creation of a schedule. A planning that serves as a guide for semiannual actions (to be defined), so that everyone can define their own agenda and satisfactorily fulfill this mandate, as well as to avoid inertia before the Karno-Ruthenian eyes that put so much hope in our legislature.

I therefore suggest to my fellow members a deadline of one week from this Monday noon, 08/12/19, which may be postponed for another week until next Monday noon, 08/18/19, for exceptional reasons justified, in order to set a date in accordance with the possibility of all my fellow members for the First Ordinary Session to finally take place.

I am at the disposal of the noble colleagues for any questions and/or possible inquiries, and I look forward to the welcoming and subsequent acclamation of this suggestion which I leave you for now.

For the Constitution and for our people!
Caio de Taxus
ThomasAlbuquerque

Ulli, congratulations on your proactivity.

I suggest August 16 for the Ordinary Session, the sooner the better. I have availability at night, after 23h00, but I'll be here!

We need to make progress on these issues and I am available to help.

Kind regards.
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

My fellow member HRH Thomas,

I would like to thank you for the quickly response.
I am also supposed to leave here my options, but I would rather do that after the pronunciation of our other fellow members of this House.
I believe matters like this might request some efforts on our part, so I am able to do just that, as my personal expectations command me to.
Caio de Taxus
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

As Mr. Thomas says, I'll be fine tomorrow morning at 11 o'clock.
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Dear Colleagues,
I have read the proposals of His Highness the Duke of Daugavia and I have already response to him in a private message via messenger. I will be able to disguss the parliament's matters from Monday onwards.

Yours faithfully

Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble Colleagues,

I would like to thank you for the availability and acceptance of the proposal. At this first moment, recognizing the impossibility of being all together to discuss the matters that are within the scope of this House, my suggestion is that we then establish the weekly votes.

These polls work as follows: Every Sunday the agenda of the week is established and, along the week, the propositions can be made, analyzed, debated and voted. Then, on the following Sunday, new agenda will be added for the flow to run normally.

The first polls are going to be added tomorrow, but you are already familiarized with them: we need to start deliberating on the president of this House, the Imperial Chancellor (high importance and utter urgence), the creation of the Internal Regiment of this House and the new propositions any of you may have.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I have created a group for our communication on Facebook, in order to ease our job.
Please, let make this Legislature work together.
Caio de Taxus

Return to “House of Representatives”