II Legislature

The lower chamber consists of representatives deputies elected by direct election and plurality voting from each one of the constituencies of the Empire. The deputy exercises his legislative functions for a term of two years. The constituencies are determined by ordinary law and should not be numerically lower than the number of seats occupied in the House of Peers.
Emperor-King

Re: II Legislature

Post by Emperor-King »

Gentlemen members of the Diet gathered here, greetings!

Under the invitation of His Excellency, Our Imperial Chancellor, We come to the Imperial Diet to express Our opinion on the bill on alcohol consumption by our citizens.

This law, which originated to some extent from Our desire to regulate matter, is in fact also derived from earlier laws of the previous legislature that regulated the use of certain chemicals. While we were the first micronation to regulate and categorize the kind of substances that would be used and to be a great example for micronations around the world, the discussion on alcohol consumption is no longer unheard of and, as mentioned earlier, is a expected step of our legislative activity.

We recommend to the Diet, as far as discussions on this topic are concerned, that they remain simple, because the macronations that surround us already have and enforce certain legal determinations that we do not wish to infringe on any particular whim, but whose laws can be perfected by our excellent work as a legislative body.

We believe we should set the legal age for the consumption and purchase of alcohol; devices about driving under the influence of alcohol can be discussed and approved depending on how convenient the members of the Diet believe this topic to be; the sale and manufacture of alcoholic beverages by citizens of the Empire and criteria for their "importation" of the surrounding macronations.

This is what We believe needs to be discussed, but We encourage not only the refining of the idea, but also the expansion of the project, as We trust the immense capacity of our parliamentarians and rest assured that the members of this Diet will establish a just, applicable law for society and whose result is to the benefit of the whole community.

Believing that Our contribution to the work of the Diet gathered in Our name is fulfilled, We bid farewell, allowing the members of the Diet to call Us whenever they find Our opinion to be beneficial to the legislative work.
His Imperial and Royal Majesty, by the Grace of God, Emperor of Karnia and King of Ruthenia, King of Bessabia, King of Horvatia, Szolnók, Geza, Letingia, Escandia, King of Jestia, King of Temeswaria, etc.; Archduke of Karnia, Grand Duke of Gaussland, Caledonia; Duke of Ladislavia, Hoheneinsamkeit, Weißeswasser, Csorna, Chedowski, Balaton; Grand Prince of Karcag, Margrave of Luftrein, Duke of Persenburg, Götzödorf, Mohács, Pannonhalm, Podenbrad, Gyalla, Oswiencin, Zallanta, Cieszpreg, Fertodin, Rugoz, Árpád; Princely Count of Bihar, Tamaz, Koberg, Gerizia, Grevenia; Prince of Thomaz-Rocha, Bersód; Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusitia; Count of Heves, Feldkirchenberg, Brevento, Szentes, etc.; Lord of Fürstenbergserdboden, Kazin, etc., etc. etc.
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

ThomasAlbuquerque wrote:Friends good night!

I come to this house to summon you to the debate about the Law on Alcohol in the Empire. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on the construction of the Bill.

It is important to keep the following aspects in discussion:

- Minimum age limit for consumption and purchase of alcoholic beverages.

- Discussion about the handmade manufacture of alcoholic beverage.

- Points about the importation of alcoholic beverages and derivatives.

I count on your participation to continue with this proposal.

Kind regards.
Good afternoon, noble colleagues.

- Minimum age limit for consumption and purchase of alcoholic beverages.
I believe the age limit for consumption and purchase of alcoholic beverages shall be 18.

- Discussion about the handmade manufacture of alcoholic beverage.
I believe that we need first to establish regulations, as an agency to operate on health issues and which can establish coordinates for this kind of matter. The handmade manufacture of alcoholic beverage, in my opinion, shall be strictly regulated and observed by this health agency in order to assure the minimum quality of the product going to our citizens tables.

- Points about the importation of alcoholic beverages and derivatives.
I still have no knowledge about the fabrication and development process of alcoholic beverages by other countries, then I am afraid I have to abstain from giving an unbiased opinion this time. I believe we shall structure the internal process first - maybe earn some kind of monetary income from it - and then we can establish dialogues about of this specific importation, as well as others.

This is a discussion which can lead us to a lot of new ideas and I have mine, but we were asked to keep it simple this time, that is what I will do. In another occasion, we can hopefully discuss the whole probabilities of income, health insurance, regulations and other ideas we may have from this.
Caio de Taxus
Duke of Daugavia, Duke of Taxus, Kaiserjagermeister
ThomasAlbuquerque

Post by ThomasAlbuquerque »

I share the points presented by Ulli.
Thomas

His Royal Highness, Duke of Saena, Prince of Karácsony-Maryen.

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Admiral of Imperial and Royal Navy.
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble Colleagues,

Taking into account the peaks of activity inherent in the micronational practice itself, there is a necessity to modify the operating structure of this House. The initial proposal for the Weekly Polls is no longer viable, as everyone can see, due to the almost zero interest in the discussions proposed in this House. It is symptomatic that we fail to vote on an agenda proposed by the Emperor himself, invited by our Imperial Chancellor.

The Weekly Polls should then be appropriately adapted to the micronational reality, turning to Monthly Polls. At the beginning of each month, this House proposes the measurements for voting and, in theory, the whole month is available to our parliamentarians for discussion. Extended time leads us to believe in a more intense, more participatory, more purposeful debate, given that the amount of time is more than enough for that.

Unfortunately, my request for the Palatine of Justice to guide us in the creation of our bylaws is still unanswered to this day and in the light of this I have started some drafts to complete this task. Within a few days, I will return to this House for the first monthly activity proposals to be started in early November. Please, dear colleagues, those who have not yet voted on the proposal issued by our Emperor, do so immediately.

As mentioned earlier, do not expect the Presidency to be the only one to propose action in this House, as this may not possibly happen. We want a participatory legislature, which is not happening, also taking into account the quantity and quality of the propositions made by the legislature that preceded us. May we not be recovered to exercise the mandate for which we have fought.

Please debate, discuss. Do not just agree, disagree. Deepen it, bring ideas. Enrich the activity of this House and this Legislature.

For the Constitution and our People
Caio de Taxus
ThomasAlbuquerque

Dear friends!

Continuing with the article on the regulation of alcohol consumption in the Empire, I present the first draft of a possible decree for consideration.
-
His Excellency, the Imperial Chancellor, in the exercise of the powers conferred upon him by His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Oscar I, and acting in perfect harmony with the Imperial Constitution, arrives on this day to regulate the consumption and purchase of alcoholic beverages. the region. . the Empire, as exposed;

1. The minimum age required to drink and buy alcohol in the Karno-Ruthenian territories is eighteen (18) years old.

2. The sale of alcohol to children under 18 is a crime. Similarly, all parents and / or guardians who allow underage drinkers will be prosecuted under Imperial Law.

3. The artisanal manufacture of alcoholic beverages in the territories of Karno-Ruthenian is prohibited.

4. Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited.

5. For the importation of alcoholic beverages into the territories of the Empire, the following points shall be respected:

I. Request from the competent customs agency the Authorization for Importation of Alcoholic Beverages (AIAB), upon written request, detailing the beverages to be imported, type, alcohol content, amount paid, quantity and purpose of the importation.

ii. Pay the authorization fee at the authorized banking establishment to be issued by the responsible customs agency.

iii. If an establishment is legally registered, submit the registration number to the appropriate regulatory body and update with the Empire's sanitary inspections and standards.

iv. The AIAB will be valid for one (1) year and may be renewed according to the requirements of the responsible customs agency.

6. Establishments responsible for the sale must be duly registered with the competent regulatory agency, and updated with the Empire's sanitary inspections and standards.

--

Any further point or consideration will be welcome!
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Dear colleagues,

I feel that this statement covers this issue and I therefore agree.
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues,

I agree with the first draft and have no other ideas to add to it.
I wait for further advances on this and other matters.
Caio de Taxus
ThomasAlbuquerque

Given the positions of those present, I ask the President of the House to proceed with the legislative procedure and present the draft to the House of Peers for consideration.

Thank you!
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleague Thomas,

I need this document in a pdf in order to send it to the House of Peers for appreciation.
I am in no condition in this moment to do so, otherwise I surely would do.

I will wait for this document in order to proceed then.
Caio de Taxus
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues of the II Legislature,

We are now within the last six days of October and I believe this is the time to present you an idea of how the Monthly Polls could operate.

In November, the House of Representatives, through its Presidency, will make its first General Call, to be announced on the Empire's official Facebook group. In this calling, the House will present the monthly agendas to be discussed, and may leave a message that will guide the activities of the month. The noble fellow legislators should then, within a maximum period of one week, report a message on the same thread making it aware, taking advantage of the space to weave the issues they deem pertinent. Thus, the whole agenda to be voted on will have the same number of days the month has, preferably the last week being reserved for the conclusions and final evaluations, as well as the elaboration of a monthly summary of activities, to be made by the Presidency and also to be disclosed in the Empire's official Facebook group.

Monthly Polls arose from the need to adapt the activity of this house to the peaks of micronational activity already known to everyone. As I understand it, there is now no need to rush things and not follow the natural rite of our voting, even though we know that our activity is of fundamental importance. If by chance the need arises to add any agenda to the list of suggested votes, this will of course be done, respecting the need and urgency of each one of them.

Finally, I suggest that we have some kind of standard procedure to follow, not only about deadlines, but also voting rites. When proposing a vote, especially those of an urgent nature, that the proponent make the publication in the official group of the Empire on Facebook, if possible adding the members of this legislature to the publication, so that it is common knowledge. Voting must take place in this official thread, within the established monthly deadline, so that everyone has time to participate and that the karno-ruthenian community, which is primarily interested in the measures taken by this House, is aware of them. After voting, the documentation to be sent to the House of Peers must be prepared in .pdf format to be officially published by the House Presidency.

This is a non-closed idea, it is very much a work in progress and I need your help to refine it. For example, I believe that our activities should be sent to the House of Peers at the same time of the publication of the monthly summary, but we can always send it before, depending on the agendas we have to vote for. I also could use some help at restricting the deadline for voting on urgent matters or keeping it open to the end of the month, as previously planned. Not everything is about deadline though, as I really do not know if I am missing something and can not be taking decisions on this matter on my own, as it would not be very much appreciated.

I have some ideas I would add to the November General Call, but I got absolutely nothing from you and it worries me somehow as I would like to see your ideas represented here as well, a joint effort. One of my ideas is to develop internal programs to develop the government sectors of the Empire and to develop the basis for the Sports of Mind Federation, or whatever name it may have.

This would be all for now.
God bless us all.
Caio de Taxus

Return to “House of Representatives”