II Legislature

The lower chamber consists of representatives deputies elected by direct election and plurality voting from each one of the constituencies of the Empire. The deputy exercises his legislative functions for a term of two years. The constituencies are determined by ordinary law and should not be numerically lower than the number of seats occupied in the House of Peers.
deTaxus

Re: II Legislature

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues,

As a long wish of the Empire for this project to become real, I agree with most of its terms. Some terms I did not fully understand, nevertheless it is not an obstacle for this project to advance and I will simply ask clarification from HI&RM The Emperor-King myself.
Caio de Taxus
Duke of Daugavia, Duke of Taxus, Kaiserjagermeister
Emperor-King

Post by Emperor-King »

Gentlemen members of the Diet gathered here, greetings!

We are present here among the elected peers of our Imperial Diet in order to affirm that, if the members of the Diet believe it is necessary, We may answer some questions to be raised about this project brought to us by the Duke of Saena. We believe this project of law have quality and deserve our attention decide its application.
His Imperial and Royal Majesty, by the Grace of God, Emperor of Karnia and King of Ruthenia, King of Bessabia, King of Horvatia, Szolnók, Geza, Letingia, Escandia, King of Jestia, King of Temeswaria, etc.; Archduke of Karnia, Grand Duke of Gaussland, Caledonia; Duke of Ladislavia, Hoheneinsamkeit, Weißeswasser, Csorna, Chedowski, Balaton; Grand Prince of Karcag, Margrave of Luftrein, Duke of Persenburg, Götzödorf, Mohács, Pannonhalm, Podenbrad, Gyalla, Oswiencin, Zallanta, Cieszpreg, Fertodin, Rugoz, Árpád; Princely Count of Bihar, Tamaz, Koberg, Gerizia, Grevenia; Prince of Thomaz-Rocha, Bersód; Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusitia; Count of Heves, Feldkirchenberg, Brevento, Szentes, etc.; Lord of Fürstenbergserdboden, Kazin, etc., etc. etc.
ThomasAlbuquerque

Post by ThomasAlbuquerque »

Duke_Aggelos wrote:Do you have potential members ? Or there are states who are ready to be members ?

Yes, we have potential members. But this is a joint decision with the Emperor-King.
Thomas

His Royal Highness, Duke of Saena, Prince of Karácsony-Maryen.

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Admiral of Imperial and Royal Navy.
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues,

I must say that a few things annoy me on this draft. Let me go straightforward here.

I wonder how a state would be able to join the Imperial Circle. I did not find any information about this in the document other than the application must be directed formally to the Government of Karnia-Ruthenia. How? However, this is not a big deal, as this information can be - and I believe it will be - added in another opportunity.

What bothers me the most is the Chapter V - Joining the Imperial Circle, in its Article 12, which states the following:
A member state must accept the English Language as the means of Imperial Circle communication, be established at least for a month at the time of the application, that
must be directed formally to the Government of Karnia-Ruthenia and respect the wishes of the general population with regard to Imperial Circle membership.
I would go for more time for a state to be established at the time of the application, something around at least three months, but I understand that it would turn an issue for the project to be viable for states to join. Based on this idea, the topic I am worried about is that restraining the language to English can become an issue to some states that would like to join the Imperial Circle as well. Now, I know that English is the universal language and we expect nothing less than a little more professionalism from most nations towards its improvement, with languages being one of the main things to be pointed out, but the reality that we know, specially about the lusophone community, indicates otherwise. The lack of opportunities - or even the will to do so - is a real thing that we have to deal with. If a nation wants to join the IC (you will have to excuse me here for the abbreviation, but it seems more practical), the language should not be an obstacle, after all, I understood that the IC seeks to, among other things described in the document, help the nations develop themselves through exchange of experiences, under the guidance of the Empire and its reputed expertise.

I have a real case of a nation that wants to join the IC, but the language was an issue. I have been talking to the Emperor-King and I clarified my worries about it. I am glad I was able to convince him this one time, but I believe we should open this discussion and broaden it as far as we can.

Other than that, I am more than happy to say yes to the rest of the document.
Caio de Taxus
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

So if the only issue is the languague, if I have understand well, there is no big problem for a state to became member of this union. There is a need for a english speaker or an official to understand the documents and the projects of the union
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Duke Aggelos,

Yes, that is basically what I said. Here, in the Lusophone sector, there are some States that would like to join the IC, but the English language is an issue for most people. This makes sense here to adjust this part, but what you said makes sense as well, the least we can expect is to have someone there who can be able to understand basic communication in English. I really do not know, I just want to - maybe - broaden things up and do not let language become a thing.
Caio de Taxus
Emperor-King

Post by Emperor-King »

Gentleman, although We are in favor of the use of English language since it is an universal language and We believe the use of online translator supply the most urgent need of communication, considering the micronational activity sometimes implies in some level of work, perhaps We may consider our Constitution as a source of interpretation, of compreheension for other laws and codes and, considering our main source of law, may be fair to apply the dispostion of the article 60, within the first chapter of title V of the constitution.
ARTICLE 60 All the languages of the peoples of the Karno-Ruthenian Empire and their written documents are equally valid before the law.
§ 1º Every citizen has the right to live in his own culture and language.
§ 2º Every citizen has the right to communicate in his own language before the courts or government bodies.
§ 3º The ignorance of the language of public power’s act does not excuse the anti-legal action.
His Imperial and Royal Majesty, by the Grace of God, Emperor of Karnia and King of Ruthenia, King of Bessabia, King of Horvatia, Szolnók, Geza, Letingia, Escandia, King of Jestia, King of Temeswaria, etc.; Archduke of Karnia, Grand Duke of Gaussland, Caledonia; Duke of Ladislavia, Hoheneinsamkeit, Weißeswasser, Csorna, Chedowski, Balaton; Grand Prince of Karcag, Margrave of Luftrein, Duke of Persenburg, Götzödorf, Mohács, Pannonhalm, Podenbrad, Gyalla, Oswiencin, Zallanta, Cieszpreg, Fertodin, Rugoz, Árpád; Princely Count of Bihar, Tamaz, Koberg, Gerizia, Grevenia; Prince of Thomaz-Rocha, Bersód; Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusitia; Count of Heves, Feldkirchenberg, Brevento, Szentes, etc.; Lord of Fürstenbergserdboden, Kazin, etc., etc. etc.
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues, Most August Emperor-King,

With the disposition of the Article 60 applied to this particular issue, I have no other appointments to recommend. I look forward to having this discussion go forward.
Caio de Taxus
Emperor-King

Post by Emperor-King »

Gentleman, good evening.

Despite being anxious to see concluded the discussion around the creation of the Imperial Circle, a measure that would cause a great impact in our expansions and contribuition to micronationalism, the time and circunstances of our time impose to this Legislasture a pivotal discussion: our response to the coronavirus outbreak. We received earlier this morning, a briefing about other micronations assuming position against this crisis, but We were also contacted by the High Comissioner of Tsechia and Ambassador to the Czechia, informing us about the measures assumed by the Czechian Government.

We have citizens around the globe, some in countries already under the measures similar to the ones assumed by the Czechian Government. That said, We suggest:

1. Officially publish messages on corona virus prevention through government channels;
2. Officially publish messages on government channels encouraging the use of masks for outside activities;
3. Officially publish messages through government channels encouraging the reporting of symptom to the macronational governments to which they are subjected;
4. Officially publish messages through government channels encouraging citizens to be cautious in highly trafficked areas such as airports in the possibility of contagious spread.

We need to vote 'YES' or 'NO' as soon as possible, because we need to provide answers within our reach as long as this is convenient. The case of an infected citizen has not yet been brought to the attention of the government, but if we can guide and assist macronational governments, this is our duty and we will do so.

We count on the understanding of the Imperial Diet.
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Noble Colleagues,

I agree with the proposals of the Crown and I think that it will be good for the Empire to make some actions on that matter.
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia

Return to “House of Representatives”