II Legislature

The lower chamber consists of representatives deputies elected by direct election and plurality voting from each one of the constituencies of the Empire. The deputy exercises his legislative functions for a term of two years. The constituencies are determined by ordinary law and should not be numerically lower than the number of seats occupied in the House of Peers.
deTaxus

Re: II Legislature

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues,

First of all, I would like to thank all the votes received to become the president of this House.
As my first official act, the Weekly Polls are declared the first system to be used in this Legislature.

How does it work?
Every Sunday, there is going to be a new poll opened by this House with the topics to be debated throughout the week. The members of this House have the full week to debate and present ideas related to the theme. If there is no consensus towards a decision, the poll may be extended for a maximum one-week round. In case of a consensus before the deadline, this House has the prerogative of approving the a new Weekly Poll.

Who can indicate topics for the Weekly Polls?
All members of the II Legislature of the House of Representatives can indicate a topic for the Weekly Polls. The population represented by this House can indicate a topic to a member of the House of Representatives in order to see it discussed here. The Emperor-King has full authority to demand topics to the Weekly Polls.

What happens if a member has no time to participate of the Weekly Poll in a certain week?
As a way of fully exercising the task conferred to the members through the last elections, it is a constitutional duty to engage into matters discussed by this House. In any specific case of the member having no way to join the weekly discussions, it has to be stated and justified. In doing so, the member acted in accordance with the standard procedure to be considered by this House in the event of inability to participate. In the case of the member having no will to express vote in the Weekly Poll, it has to declare its absence and, therefore, not make use of this dispositive, as absence is a will and not an impossibility.

Is the member obliged to join the Weekly Polls?
To the member of this House is conferred the possibility to be here by election. It means that people expect the participation of the member in the discussions proposed by this House. In exception of the cases of impossibility, it is expected the participation of all the members in all the debates, as everyone here has an opinion, with the same value for decision, and then it shall be expressed freely. That is the reason why the polls have a week of deadline in the first place. However, the member is entitled to express no opinion whatsoever, as he may not have one, but this House believes the occurrence of facts like this to be rare, therefore the member has to vote and join the debates as many times as possible.

What happens to the Weekly Poll when it is ended?
The Weekly Polls have the possibility of becoming a law proposition by this House to follow the natural course of actions until sanction or veto, it will depend on the subject being discussed. The outcome is expected to be declared here before the new Weekly Poll being presented, for acknowledgement.

To ease the decision making process, the House of Representatives has a Facebook group created to debate issues related to the theme of the Weekly Polls, however, it is NOT an official channel for deliberations. It was created to facilitate the communication of the Weekly Polls, but everything related to the poll, specially the opinions, votes and outcomes, has to be fully reported here for, among other reasons, record and transparency of the acts.

Now this House shall go towards the establishment of its Internal Statute, a task that depends on all of us.
If my noble colleagues have any ideas that they would like to see on the code, please feel free to express it.

Remembering that the first poll is still running until 08/25.
Caio de Taxus
Duke of Daugavia, Duke of Taxus, Kaiserjagermeister
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Dear colleagues,

Congratulations for the election of the new Imperial Chancellor and the President of the House of the of Representatives! I would also like to congratulate Carl Joseph von Werzberg 's candidacy. It seems that the new President of the House has a very good plan on the functioning of parliamentary democracy. I hope I can help in this process.

Yours faithfully
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
ThomasAlbuquerque

Post by ThomasAlbuquerque »

Ulli wrote:Noble colleagues,

First of all, I would like to thank all the votes received to become the president of this House.
As my first official act, the Weekly Polls are declared the first system to be used in this Legislature.

How does it work?
Every Sunday, there is going to be a new poll opened by this House with the topics to be debated throughout the week. The members of this House have the full week to debate and present ideas related to the theme. If there is no consensus towards a decision, the poll may be extended for a maximum one-week round. In case of a consensus before the deadline, this House has the prerogative of approving the a new Weekly Poll.

Who can indicate topics for the Weekly Polls?
All members of the II Legislature of the House of Representatives can indicate a topic for the Weekly Polls. The population represented by this House can indicate a topic to a member of the House of Representatives in order to see it discussed here. The Emperor-King has full authority to demand topics to the Weekly Polls.

What happens if a member has no time to participate of the Weekly Poll in a certain week?
As a way of fully exercising the task conferred to the members through the last elections, it is a constitutional duty to engage into matters discussed by this House. In any specific case of the member having no way to join the weekly discussions, it has to be stated and justified. In doing so, the member acted in accordance with the standard procedure to be considered by this House in the event of inability to participate. In the case of the member having no will to express vote in the Weekly Poll, it has to declare its absence and, therefore, not make use of this dispositive, as absence is a will and not an impossibility.

Is the member obliged to join the Weekly Polls?
To the member of this House is conferred the possibility to be here by election. It means that people expect the participation of the member in the discussions proposed by this House. In exception of the cases of impossibility, it is expected the participation of all the members in all the debates, as everyone here has an opinion, with the same value for decision, and then it shall be expressed freely. That is the reason why the polls have a week of deadline in the first place. However, the member is entitled to express no opinion whatsoever, as he may not have one, but this House believes the occurrence of facts like this to be rare, therefore the member has to vote and join the debates as many times as possible.

What happens to the Weekly Poll when it is ended?
The Weekly Polls have the possibility of becoming a law proposition by this House to follow the natural course of actions until sanction or veto, it will depend on the subject being discussed. The outcome is expected to be declared here before the new Weekly Poll being presented, for acknowledgement.

To ease the decision making process, the House of Representatives has a Facebook group created to debate issues related to the theme of the Weekly Polls, however, it is NOT an official channel for deliberations. It was created to facilitate the communication of the Weekly Polls, but everything related to the poll, specially the opinions, votes and outcomes, has to be fully reported here for, among other reasons, record and transparency of the acts.

Now this House shall go towards the establishment of its Internal Statute, a task that depends on all of us.
If my noble colleagues have any ideas that they would like to see on the code, please feel free to express it.

Remembering that the first poll is still running until 08/25.
According.

I think it is important that the Statute be an objective material and easy to read, for better applicability in the daily life of this House.

Regarding project suggestions, it is important to continue in the debate about the economy, which I believe is the weakest point of the Empire today. If this legislature can develop an effective, simple and functional economic system, it will be making history. One proposal is to start by approving small projects that do not generally interfere with life in the empire but become a "pilot project." For the Government, I will be outlining some ideas and soon I will present this house and the Emperor-King.
Thomas

His Royal Highness, Duke of Saena, Prince of Karácsony-Maryen.

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Admiral of Imperial and Royal Navy.
deTaxus

Post by deTaxus »

Noble colleagues,

This day the 1st Weekly Poll is ended. As a result of our first week of discussions:

1- The President of this House was elected, and it is me;
2- The Imperial Chancellor was elected, and it is HRH Thomas, Prince Karácsony-Maryen;
3- This House presented a proposition to the Palatine of Justice in order to be assisted in the creation of its Internal Statute;
4- The main issue debated for the development of the Empire was the financial system, to which HRH Thomas, Prince Karácsony-Maryen is dedicated to.

Now, I present to you the 2nd Weekly Poll.

In order to advance in the topics proposed, I suggest that we keep debating the financial system. We have to contribute with any ideas we might have and help HRH Thomas, Prince Karácsony-Maryen in developing this system he is actually working on.

I leave here a suggestion that we work towards the internal development of our constituent realms, for an integration and the development of the Empire as a consequence. On my behalf, I am working in the Diplomacy Summit I have already informed you and a other issues that involves not only Daugavia, but other realms, as well as they have any interest.

One example I can give you is to establish the Karno-Ruthenian Sports of Mind Federation. It is an old idea and other micronations tried to carry it on as well, but it never went ahead due to the lack of interest of those involved and of people in general. The Karno-Ruthenian Sports of Mind Federation, at least in this first moment, is intended to regulate the activities of Poker (mainly Texas Hold'Em variation) and Chess. Now, if we think about this with all the consideration it deserves, we may even have a little profit from this to develop our financial system. Then, after the solidification of the KRSMF, we can think about including another sports of the mind. The idea, though, was to create something in the intermicronational level, but I have adapted this idea for our internal development. And after all, it is an idea, and I hope we can debate it here.

Do you have any ideas which you think are worth of debate this week? Please, let us all know here.

I appreciate any suggestions of my noble colleagues.
Caio de Taxus
Duke of Daugavia, Duke of Taxus, Kaiserjagermeister
ThomasAlbuquerque

I even owe you a table!

Totally in favor of the creation of the Federation.
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Dear Mr. President, My colleagues

I think that the Imperial Chancellor should work at his project and then we can help him to expand it or to make some changes. As for the sports federation I think that it is a good idea, but we need to ask the local governors, for the will of their citizens to be part of it.
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Also I have to apologise to the members of the House for my delay, because I have a problem with my pc and the internet.
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia
ThomasAlbuquerque

Friends good night!

I come to this house to summon you to the debate about the Law on Alcohol in the Empire. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on the construction of the Bill.

It is important to keep the following aspects in discussion:

- Minimum age limit for consumption and purchase of alcoholic beverages.

- Discussion about the handmade manufacture of alcoholic beverage.

- Points about the importation of alcoholic beverages and derivatives.

I count on your participation to continue with this proposal.

Kind regards.
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
ThomasAlbuquerque

Adding to previous post.

I would like to invite His Imperial and Royal Majesty to participate in the discussions.
Thomas

IMPERIAL CHANCELLOR
Duke_Aggelos

Post by Duke_Aggelos »

Dear Mr. President, My colleagues

I suggest to be set a limit of 18 years of age, as a person is considered an adult at this age. As far as trade concerned, I propose the body to be consultanded by the rulers of the empire's member - states and to not take or make a law which is against the local laws in such matters.
Aggelos
Duke of Argadia

Return to “House of Representatives”